Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of School!

Today was a very big day at our house. Today was Piper's first day of school. She is officially a kindergartner. She was so excited and a bit nervous today. She picked out her clothes last night before bed and requested cinnamon rolls for breakfast. After we had a yummy breakfast and did some pictures at the house, Doug and I loaded her in the car for her special day.

She skipped all the way up the steps - she has so happy to be at school.
It didn't take Piper long at all to make some friends. This is where we had to say good-bye. Yes, both Doug and I had tears in our eyes. Piper waved to us, said she loved us and walked right in.
When she got home today, she had a ton of stuff to tell us. She even brought home a fun poem with her hand print on it. I can't wait to frame it and hang it up. I can't believe that my baby, the little person I was afraid I might break those first couple of weeks home from the hospital, is big enough to be in school.

1 comment:

Patti said...

It is great that you got these pictures of Piper! She will treasure them later in life! What a sweet little girl!