Monday, December 8, 2008

Gingerbread

Last year Piper and I made a gingerbread house. She was too young to participate, but I thought that it would be a fun tradition to start. So this year when I found this really cool kit, I couldn't wait to make it with her. So today, I broke out the kit and found that it was a lot more to it than what I thought there would be. As we started building, I thought I was nuts for starting this project. I think we got more frosting on the table, floor, and us than we got on the house. I got frustrated, but couldn't give up because Piper was so excited to make a house she was literally shaking with enthusiasm. We kept going. In the end it didn't turn out like the magical house on the box, but I must say, it is better than I thought it would be. Most important, Piper thinks it's beautiful.

Of course, I had to add a picture of my little princess.

No comments: